San Fabiano historic Estate owned by Borghini Baldovinetti de’ Bacci Counts, starts one kilometer from the walls of Arezzo, on the surrounding hills. The first document that proves the existence of vineyards on the property, dates back to 1452: it is the sale of a vineyard made by Francesco de’ Bacci, to finance the frescoes of San Francesco church ,The Legend of the True Cross, made by Piero della Francesca.
The Company Farm turned in the post-war period into a winemaking reality with direct sales, and then developed in the 60’s with bottling. The Estate covers an area about 950 hectares, for a vineyard area of more than 300 hectares at d.o.c.g. between property and rent. The soil is predominantly of the Galestro type of medium mixture, with a mainly hilly terrain at an altitude ranging from 300 to 600 meters s.l.m. The ampelography composition is: 75% Sangiovese and the remaining between Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Chardonnay, Petit Verdot and Tannat.
The Company Farm includes today four Estates: San Fabiano Estate, the Campriano Estate and the Tregozzano farm, located in the Chianti Putto area and the Poggio Uliveto Estate, located in area of the noble wine of Montepulciano.